Mr. Wasik specializes in dynamic process simulation modeling and advanced online application development based on Aurel's proprietary Dynamic Data Reconciliation (DDR) tools in the following areas:
- Overall process design to meet product quality, production rate and environmental requirements
- Plant-wide process simulation to determine area production capacities, inter-area requirements, overall water and energy requirements, system closed cycle requirements, chemical consumption and operating costs
- Dynamic simulation to investigate start-up scenarios, tank farm management, batch process scheduling, filtrate management and optimal production scheduling
- Process de-bottlenecking, process trouble-shooting and optimization studies
- Online application development for data reconciliation, quality prediction / soft sensors, process visualization and product quality tracking
- Assistance and training for consulting and operating companies to set up their own custom process simulations
- Custom unit module development (proprietary or for general distribution) of equipment operations to run on the CADSIM Plus simulation platform
Process Engineering Consultant Experience
Mr. Wasik spent 15 years with H.A. Simons consulting engineers. As Plant Wide Process Manager, he supervised a group of process engineers responsible for the process design of 5 successful green field mills and numerous re-builds. Mr. Wasik was the lead process engineer on the 1.3 billion dollar expansion at the Howe Sound Pulp and Paper. He played a lead role in on-site process optimization studies in North American mills as well as in Brazil, Australia, New Zealand and Siberia.
He spear-headed Simons computer process simulation in all areas of the mill using the CADSIM and MASSBAL simulation programs. He developed mass and energy balances for specific areas as well as specializing in plant-wide chemical consumption, water and energy balances. Notably, his Overall Material Balances; Water and Energy Balances; Sodium, Sulfur, Potassium, Chloride and metal ion balances; Pulping and Bleaching balances became standards still in use today.
After graduating as a Chemical Engineer in 1972, Mr. Wasik had 8 years of experience at Canfor's Port Mellon Pulp Mill. As Assistant Technical Superintendent, he was responsible for the mill's environmental programs, as well as the computerized process control developments.
For more than 40 years, Mr. Wasik has been providing process simulation services to engineering consultants, pulp and paper, food processing, mineral processing, waste water treatment, bio energy, energy distribution industries, in various capacities working as an employee, consulting engineer and principle of his own company, Aurel Systems Inc.
At Aurel, he developed the original CADSIM graphical interface program, and led the development of the CADSIM Plus dynamic process simulator. He has developed a steam and power dynamic simulation for the reduction of steam demand swings at Kapuskasing. He developed online dynamic data reconciliation for the plant-wide energy system at Crofton and for batch digesters at Temiscaming. He has trained and assisted numerous operating and consulting companies in the use of process simulation.
Mr. Masudy is an optimization expert with expertise in process design, cost reduction, process and production enhancement. He is an analytical engineer who can critically review processes and work with different stakeholders to communicate practical solutions to complex problems. He is a certified Six Sigma Black Belt and highly skilled at troubleshooting different engineering, maintenance, quality, production and process problems.
- Process optimization
- Multivariate statistical analysis
- Process simulation and modeling
- Advanced process control
- Product and research and development management
- Database design and management
For the past 25 years, Mr. Masudy has had wide-ranging industrial experience, having worked as Technical Manager, Senior Process Optimization Specialist, Project Engineer, IT Specialist and Director of Information Resources for a number of Canadian and international pulp and paper companies. In addition, he has worked as Principal Application Manager and Senior Technical Consultant for two major process control and automation companies.
At Aurel, Mr. Masudy is the Manager of Industrial Solutions, specializing in real-time tracking and optimization solutions for improving product quality, reducing operating costs and optimizing energy usage. He has also completed a number of complex dynamic process simulation models for Aurel clients and a co-generation study for a large university in conjunction with the BC Hydro Power Smart program.
Nelly Nikju is our Account Manager. Nelly is a graduate of the Marketing Management and Entrepreneurship program at British Columbia Institute of Technology.
- Nelly provides and arranges pre-sales support and obtaining answers to sales and technical questions
- Provides on-going support and contact with current clients regarding their software licensing needs and Maintenance & Support contracts
- Is responsible for issuing price quotations and processing purchase orders.