Maintenance - What's Included?
Aurel Systems uses a model of continuous improvement for currently supported software products. This means that improvements after product release are frequent and ongoing. When software issues are identified, improvements are made (often in a short period of time) and the resulting updates are made available for immediate release at no additional cost for download from our support pages.
Upon notification of problems in a licensed CADSIM Plus software product, Aurel will use their best efforts to correct such problems. Problem corrections may result in Aurel issuing corrected versions of the licensed software products (called Updates) which may be made available to you at no additional cost for the duration of your M&S contract. Please note that active maintenance for any major version ends when a new major version is released.
In addition, Aurel Systems may, from time to time, produce new (major) versions of the licensed CADSIM Plus software products, which include enhancements and improvements (called Upgrades) . These upgrades may be made available to you at no additional cost for the duration of your M&S contract.
Updates and upgrades will be released at the discretion of Aurel Systems and may be made available to you via electronic download or distributed via other means.
Support - What's Included?
Aurel provides answers to your support questions regarding the use of licensed CADSIM Plus software product(s), by telephone or on-line, either directly or through a third party, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. (PST), Monday through Friday, excluding Canadian statutory holidays. There is no limit to the number of incidents that you can initiate during your support period.
Many of our customers find this support to be invaluable when (for example) they are starting a different kind of simulation project. In addition, on-site support or other specific support requirements may be arranged on a time-and-materials basis, at additional cost, pursuant to a separate agreement with Aurel Systems.
Please note that every effort will be made by Aurel Systems to respond to support requests in a timely manner. However Aurel Systems cannot guarantee that support issues will be resolved within any given period of time.
First Year Maintenance & Support Included with your Software Purchase
The first year of M&S is included with the purchase of one or more full licenses of CADSIM Plus, at no additional cost. Please note that CADSIM Plus software product upgrades purchased separately do not include M&S.
Maintenance & Support Renewal
After the initial year, M&S can be renewed on a yearly basis, for an additional fee of approximately 18% of the current list price of your CADSIM Plus software license(s). We offer a discount of 10% for a two year M&S contract renewal or a discount of 25% for a three year contract renewal.
Purchasing Upgrades Separately
If you choose to let your M&S contract lapse, you will be able to purchase upgrades (but with no support) as they become available. If you decide to reactivate your M&S contract at a later date, you will also be required to upgrade your CADSIM Plus product(s) to the current version (at additional cost).
Items Not Covered by Aurel’s Software Maintenance & Support
The following are excluded from Aurel System’s Software Maintenance & Support:
- Altered or modified licensed CADSIM Plus software product(s);
- Any combination of the licensed CADSIM Plus software product(s) and other software not covered by Aurel Systems’ Software Maintenance & Support;
- A release or major version of the licensed CADSIM Plus software product(s) for which M&S has been discontinued by Aurel;
- A product release or major version that has been withdrawn by Aurel from the market or is otherwise not generally available;
- Defects caused by your negligence or fault;
- Defects resulting from hardware malfunction or malfunction of software not covered by Aurel Systems’ Software Maintenance & Support;
- Defects that do not significantly impair or affect the operation of the licensed CADSIM Plus software product(s);
- Licensed CADSIM Plus software product(s) used on an unsupported computer hardware, network or operating system;
- Options, extensions, releases, versions, updates or upgrades to the licensed CADSIM Plus software product(s) licensed or offered separately by Aurel Systems, unless generally made available to Aurel Systems’ M&S customers at no additional charge.
- Charges associated with your accessing the Internet.
- Support or maintenance for use of the licensed CADSIM Plus software product(s) with hardware or software configurations or other devices or equipment not included in Aurel Systems’ then-current configuration list.
- Direct support for your engineering work and business-related activities (Consulting Engineering**).
** Consulting Engineering support may be purchased by you from Aurel on a time-and-materials basis, at additional cost, pursuant to a separate agreement.